Purpose of the Job
Responsible for the day-to-day operation and overall success of the WPBTS Occupational Health & Safety (OHS) programme and management of the hazardous waste disposal system. Ensures that safety standards are met to the highest degree and addresses any identified hazards in the workplace.
- Grade 12
- Accredited three year qualification in Occupational Health & Safety Management
- Fire Protection course
- Safety Representative course
- Valid, unendorsed Drivers licence
- Minimum 3 years relevant experience in the identification and management of occupational hazards, risk assessment in the workplace, participation in OHS inspections and audits, training for staff members in OHS related issues, Quality Assurance, outlining safe operational procedures and Health & Safety related record-keeping
A combination of the following skills, knowledge and attributes is required:
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- A positive attitude
- Able to multi task so as to manage multiple deadlines.
- Be able to work independantly and as part of a team.
Please quote the reference “SafOff 73-61” in the subject line.
Western Province Blood Transfusion Service is an equal opportunity Employer. To apply for this position please follow the following links:
Should you not receive feedback within 4 weeks of submitting your application, please consider this as unsuccessful.
Closing date: Wednesday; 08 June 2016